When you create a WordPress website then first you need to install WordPress Plugins. The beginners do not know the knowledge of this. Don’t worry we will tell you that How to install a WordPress plugin step by step 2021.
Installing WordPress plugins are very important to increase the functionality of your website. When we install WordPress on our website then we install plugins to make it more easily. If you are not familiar with it then do not need to worry, we will tell you the detail completely. This tutorial will cover the following topic How to Install a WordPress Plugin step by Step 2021.
- How to create a WordPress Website
- Create your own WordPress Blog and earn money from it
- How to install WordPress on localhost using XAMP
Disclosure: Hello everyone! We believe in transparency at 9creators.com so I am disclosing that certain products and links to those specific products on this website will earn us an affiliate commission for any online purchase that you may make. Learn more
How to Install a WordPress Pugin step by step 2021
We can install plugins in many ways like FTP, cPanel, or using WordPress’s own directory. In this tutorial, we will start by installing a free WordPress plugin using its own directory.
Free Plugins Installation:
To install a free WordPress plugin go to your website dashboard and select Plugins > Add New and search for your plugin.
In the search, panel select your favorite plugin by typing any keywords to search the plugin.
When you will search the plugin then your favorite plugin will appear on the search screen. Now click on the Install Now button to install it and click on activate the button so that it can work smoothly.
Once you will install the plugin you need to activate it by clicking on the Activate Button. Your plugin will be activated and you see a message “Plugin activated”.
Now let’s try to activate your premium plugin.
Premium Plugins Installation:
Premium plugins are paid versions of WordPress plugins that come with additional features, priority support, documentation, and regular updates. You can learn more about WordPress plugins by reading our beginner’s guide on what are WordPress plugins and how do they work.
To install a WordPress premium plugin you need to download a .zip file.
Once you download your .zip file now it’s time to install it in your WordPress dashboard. To install the premium plugin go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > Choose file. Now find your file where you have downloaded it and upload it. Once it’s uploaded click on install now.
Your plugin is installed successfully. It’s time to activate it simply click on Activate Plugin and make it work smoothly.
Install Plugins using FTP
Some WordPress hosting providers have file restrictions that limit your ability to install plugins using the dashboard. In this situation, you’ll need to install the plugin manually using a file transfer protocol (FTP) program. This is the least beginner-friendly method, but if you stick to these instructions, it will be as pain-free as possible.
- The first step is to download the plugin and extract the contents of this .zip file onto your computer. You’ll now have a new folder with the same name. We’ll use this to manually upload the plugin to your website with the help of an FTP client.
- Log in to your FTP manager. If you don’t have your FTP username and password, contact your hosting provider for these details.
- Open your FTP client and connect to your website using the same login credentials provided to you from your web host. Now that you’re connected, you need to access the plugins path /wp-content/plugins/.
- It’s now time to upload the folder you extracted from the zip file. From your FTP client, locate the folder named after your plugin, right-click and select Upload to extract the contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your web server.
- Once the files are successfully uploaded, visit the WordPress admin area and click Plugins. You’ll see your new plugin successfully installed on the plugins page. Select the activation link below the plugin to complete the installation.
Congratulations! You have done all the steps correctly now learn more about WordPress.
If you are not familiar with WordPress then read our complete guide on WordPress. You can install it on a Localhost using a XAMP controller or if you have your own Domain name and Hosting then you can run it online.
As you have installed your plugin successfully using the WordPress Plugin library and also your zip file. We try our best to tell you in an easy way that how you can perform this task. If you have any issue with installing your plugin you can leave a comment below. For more tutorials SUBSCRIBE Our YouTube Channel and Like Us on Facebook also Follow Us on Twitter too for better learning.