Showing Welcome Message on your Windows startup screen helps the users to understand basic rules before using your computer. In this article, we will tell you How to show Welcome Message in Windows 10 or Other Versions.
As we know Windows 10 is the Latest version of Windows from Microsoft and whenever you wondered when you switched on a computer (running on Windows operating system) in any company or office & it displays a welcome/warning message just before you enter your credentials to log in? This is called an ‘Interactive Login’ policy. It is mostly done on Servers Computer but you can add it to your Home PC by configuring some Windows files. Let’s start that how to add a custom welcome message on windows startup page.If you do not want to watch the video and want more detail you can skip it and process to the article.
How to show Welcome Message in Windows 10:
- 1st of all press Windows + R Button from your keyboard and it will open ‘Run’ Window.
- Type “gpedit.msc” and press ‘Enter’ key. It will open ‘Local Group Policy Editor’ on screen.
- From the right sidebar, Select Computer Configuration —> Windows Settings —> Security Settings —> Local Policies —> Security Options. This will open all the policies under ‘Security Options‘ for you on the screen.
These are Important Steps
- Find “Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on”. Just below this file, you can also see “Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on”. You just need to edit these two policy files. First is used to add some message while second is used to add Message title.
- Double-click “Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on”. It will open a window. The type which you want your computer to display as a message in this area and click ‘OK’. Whatever you type here, will be displayed on your computer screen as a message as soon as anyone switches your computer system on.
- After that, Double-click “Interactive logon: Message title for users attempting to log on”. This will open a window as you shown in the figure. Type a ‘Title’ for your ‘Message. Type anything which you think should be a title for your message.
- Now, you’ve edited both the policy files. The only thing left is to apply an update these files. It is also very simple. To apply these policies again, Press “Window+R” from your keyboard. You will show a ‘Run’ window.
- In the Run Windows Type “gpupdate” and press ‘Enter’ key. This will open the Command prompt window in front of you. It means the system is applying the policies.
- In a couple of seconds, a screen will prompt in the same command prompt window & will be automatically closed by itself. after that Turnoff or restart your computer system now & if everything went fine, It’ll display your message & title here. Click ‘Ok’ or press ‘Enter’ key to proceed to enter login details.
We hope so that you have learned a lot from this tutorial and also enjoy it. If you enjoy it then please Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for the latest Videos. Thanks for reaching to us.