Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 is the part of Office 365 suite. Word has widely used the software in Companies and offices. In this article, we will discuss Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 Overview to improve your skills.
Welcome to another tutorial, In this article, we will discuss Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016. It is mostly used to build Slides, Lectures reports and delivering messages etc.. It includes in Office 365 suite. If you’re new to Office then we have a complete note on Office 365 Overview. You can read and get basic knowledge by reading the article. So without taking too much time lets start to its Layout Overview.
We have also a detail note on other Office Apps
This is the PowerPoint 2016 Start/Opening screen here you can check your recent documents and also save your data. In this section, you can also find templates for your documents. This is the very useful feature of PowerPoint 2016. Now let’s take a look at its layout.
1. The Title Bar of PowerPoint 2016
Like every software, Word has its Title bar. The Title Bar displays both the name of the application and the name of your current slides. It also includes Maximum/ Maximizes, Minimizes and Closes your current window buttons. You can also Undo, Redo, Save and Preview Slides of your work by using title bar.
2. The Menu Bar
The Menu Bar help you to modify your current data. The menu bar of the PowerPoint is very simple but powerful. It displays all of the menus available for use in PowerPoint. The menu bar includes following functions.
Menu Bar Functions of Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016
- File: It mostly used to save or open your recent files from the PC or OneDrive.
- Home: Home is the main menu content where your modify your slides. It includes all the tools which are required to develop a great slide. It has the sub-menus like Clipboard, Slides, Font, Paragraph, Drawing and Editing to edit our documents.
- Insert: Insert menu is used to Insert extra things into our slides. This tool helps us to make our slides/presentations more beautiful by using GUI method. It has the sub-menus like Slides, Tables, Images, Illustrations, Add-Ins, Media, Links, Comments, Text, Symbols and Media.
- Design: Design is used to design or set extra functionality in our slides, Here we can add Themes, Variants and Themes.
- Transitions: It is used to add transitions like videos editing that how next slide occur. This menu mostly includes Preview, Transition to this Slide and Timing.
- Animations: Animations means that make our slides more powerful through adding some animations. These are used to add extra overlays to our presentations. It mostly includes Preview, Animation, Advanced Animation and Timing
- Slideshow: Slideshows are used to turn our slides into videos. These are mostly used to set timing and record. This mostly includes Start Slideshow, Set Up and Monitors.
- Review: Review menu is to used to insert the comment and to explain your slides with little tricks. This menu has the following sub-menu Proofing, Insights, Language, Comments, Compare and Ink.
- View: View is the place where you edit the UI of your document. It has also the sub-menu like Presentation Views, Master Views, Show, Direction, Zoom, Color/Grayscale, Window and Macros.
- Help: Help section help you to get more about PowerPoint. This section will help you to a better understanding of the PowerPoint. This menu includes the sub-menu like Help & Support and Community.
3. Sub-Menu Toolbar
It is the submenu of the menu bar. We already discussed it in detail in menu bar portion so you can write in detail above under the Menu bar.
4. Slideshows Screen
In this section, we update our slides. We add Photos, Videos, Gifs and many another document in this section. This is the section where we add Transitions and Slideshows etc. This is the main area of editing our slides.
5. Main Area
Main Area is used to add contents like Text, Photos and Paragraphs etc. Here we explain our files in more detail. This is also called the main area of the Documents.
6. Status Bar
Footer/Status Bar is the last option of the PowerPoint 2016. Here you can know the status of your work. This show you that document is ready or not. In this, you can also Zoom in & Zoom out your document to view it clearly.
It is best for you to Buy Office 365 Subscription without buying it single. You can also buy it with single only for PKR Rs. 14999/- only. Or if we convert it into Dollars then it makes $129.99. You can Buy PowerPoint Here.
PROS / We can write Presentations, Slides and many other types of Documents in this single software.
CONS / It is little bit difficult to understand. Mostly Urdu writing makes the problem.
VERDICT / This is the best software for skills persons and it has many add-ons available in the market. We can use it for different purposes. A number of tutorials are available on the internet to learn it.